ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Every day more than 40 million ARM-based chips are shipped by our partners into products that enhance the human experience; connecting people, improving lives and making the impossible possible. From the sensor to the cloud and all points in between, ARM is shaping the smart connected world.
Our advanced processor designs have provided the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips now powering products from smartphones to supercomputers, medical devices to agricultural sensors and base stations to servers. With thousands of technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we collaborate to drive innovation into all areas compute is possible.
- The world’s leading semiconductor IP company founded in 1990
- ARM technologies reach 80% of the global population
- More than 4,200 people from 61 nationalities in Europe, North America, Asia Pacific
- Our silicon partners ship nearly four billion ARM technology-based chips every quarter
- More than 86 billion ARM-based chips shipped to date (14.9bn 2015 and 12.1bn in 2014)
- 1,379 licenses sold to more than 450 partners
Our strategy is:
- To develop and deploy energy-efficient technology
- To enable innovation through partnership and a broad ecosystem
- To build on our shared success
- To invest in long-term growth
We license our energy-efficient technology to a network of multiple partners, mainly leading semiconductor companies. By designing once and productizing, ARM spreads the R&D costs over the whole industry and helps make digital electronics less expensive. Licensees pay upfront fees to gain access to our technology. They then incorporate our designs alongside their own technology to create smart, energy-efficient chips architected on a foundation of security. ARM receives a royalty on every chip sold that uses our technology. Chip providers are able to invest in complementary system-on-chip technologies to differentiate their product offerings and benefit from an ecosystem of software and tools providers that support their products. OEMs and consumers benefit from a choice of products, all based on a standardized software development platform.
The ARM business model has built up a trusted partnership of shared success across multiple markets, where ARM and our partners work together to continually advance product capabilities. We work closely with a broad ecosystem to develop compatible technologies, share knowledge and foster new opportunities. This unique ecosystem ensures our mutual customers continue to be successful with a choice of innovative, differentiated products that expand opportunities and enable new businesses. The ARM partnership model, through its global ecosystem, is continually pioneering the new.