Who We Are
As one of the world’s leading independent video game developers, Exient develops both original and contract (license / conversion) titles for publication on consoles, handheld devices and mobile platforms using our in-house, cross-platform technology XGS.
Exient are regular attendees at industry events including GDC, Game Connection, Develop, and are always happy to meet with Publishers or Developers interested in outsourcing development, licensing our original games or to discuss contract projects.
Over the last 10 years we have grown considerably, producing quality games for every major hand-held platform and more recently expanding into the mobile market.
- Founded in 2001 by David Hawkins and Charles Chapman
- Studios in Oxford and Leamington Spa, England.
- Staffed by highly-skilled, creative and passionate professionals
- Renowned for reliable delivery of high quality games
- An extensive network of trusted outsource partners providing specialist skills and services
- Licensed developers for Xbox 360, XBOX ONE, PS3, PS4, VITA, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, iOS, Android, Windows 8 and Blackberry.
- All games developed with Exients very own proprietary multi-platform game engine XGS, presently on 16 platforms.
Exient has been a small developer for many years, specialising in what we like to call the ‘re-imagineering’ of popular video games from big console debut platforms to the smaller more modest devices. We are proud of the high quality games that we have produced and our history is full of high scoring games that have benefitted from our teams dedication to gameplay and graphical quality that we quite often rebuild from scratch using our proprietary multi-platform game engine, XGS.
Our vision today is to build superb games with deep and rewarding experiences on multiple devices, serviced by our superbly creative and talented development teams, to listen to our audience and respond with meaningful updates and compelling content, we love games, and we love the new broad horizon that free-to-play and multi-device gaming offers games players world wide.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most professional and creative of British developers. Our management team have experience working within some of the largest IP holders in the industry. With our flexible propriety development engine and creative teams we have the ability to deliver products of the highest quality on any platform.