This one day scrum session gives teams a valuable insight into why Agile works, what Scrum is, the roles within a Scrum team, the importance of planning, and what Scrum feels like in action. This is an interactive session with small amounts of theory, interspersed within hands on activities that ensure the group finish the day with a practical sense of Scrum in action.
"This training course was well presented, well explained, using clear explanations and examples." - Course participant, 2015
- Why project management is important.
- The Agile Manifesto Group Activity: Self organising teams and activity discussion
- What is Scrum? An introduction to the Scrum process and tools.
- Roles in Scrum: A discussion on who does what and why.
- Planning and scheduling within Scrum: Introduction to the importance of planning.
- Scrum in action: A group activity looking at Scrum in action.
- Stories from the front line: Examples taken from live projects.
Who will train me?
"The trainer was great - very knowledgable and communicative." - Course participant, 2015
Steve Stopps has been leading tech projects for over two decades across many sectors: combining sales, marketing and production expertise. Steve founded Team Lumo, the creators of the multi award winning mobile game Kumo Lumo, before moving on to found Lumo Developments who continue to create games that surprise and delight players all over the world. Steve says “I like bringing together people with different perspectives to inspire new ways of thinking.”
- Ukie members: £300 + VAT (early bird rate)
- Non-members: £400 + VAT (early bird rate)
This training course's date is tbc - you are welcome to register your interest.
Discount available for our members!