This event will bring together key stakeholders to discuss and debate opportunities for developing age-appropriate content across platforms, the need to develop UK wide infrastructure such as super-fast broadband to support growth in the UK consumer market, and the challenges and opportunities of creating content which reflects British culture but is also able to compete internationally. Time will also be allocated to exploring the opportunities and future trends in eSports, the idea of video games as a spectator sport, and how this might be used to drive investment and innovation.
Central London (Venue to be confirmed)
Thursday 06 April 2017
Attendees will explore the next steps for developing the technical and creative talent required to sustain the UK video games industry and nurture the UK’s next break out gaming success, including analysing the impact of projects such as the Digital Schoolhouse, assessing the sector’s next generation skills requirements, and the latest developments in creating high-level apprenticeships. Time will also be allocated to exploring emerging funding streams such as the British Business Bank and SEIS in order to support an internationally competitive UK video games sector. In light of Brexit delegates will also consider options for increasing Video Games and R&D Tax Relief and the potential for creating a Games Investment Fund, particularly to support independent developers and start-ups.
- Dr Jo Twist OBE, CEO, UKIE
- Peter Molyneux, Founder & Creative Director, 22Cans
- Alex Chapman, Partner, Sheridans
- Paul Durrant, Founder & CEO, UK Games Fund
- Mark Ogilvie, Design Director, Jagex
- Jas Purewal, Partner, Purewal & Partners
- Alison Taylor, Managing Director, Conscious Communications
- Rob Crossley, Head of Games and Digital, Creative England
- Supporting Creative and Technical Talent in the UK Video Games Sector
- Competing Internationally, Monetising IP & the Video Games Pipeline
- New Technologies and Emerging Commercial Opportunities: The Future of the Industry
Ukie members can get tickets for a special discounted rate of £100 +VAT per delegate, see below for details.
For further details, or for assistance with your booking, please contact Danny Saxby - 0203 179 1187.
Proud part of the London Games Festival Fringe 2017.