This course is for people who have attended our Digital Marketing for Games 1 giving the latest digital marketing insights and techniques.
What you can expect to learn (see full agenda below):
- Understanding consumers - research and profiling
- Research methods - quad v quant, observed v claimed
- Example of desk research for targeting younger audiences
- Creating surveys
- Web analytics tools
- External data profiling
- Case study exercise (what research or profiling do you need?)
- Turning information and insights into propositions (There will be a reminder of principles of insight generation)
- Turning insights into different propositions for different audiences
- Proposition development tool
- Case study exercise (turn information into an insight and proposition for one segment)
- Content & mobile marketing
- Importance of content
- User generated v brand generated
- Writing blogs
- Influencing the influencers (how to find and influence them)
- Dealing with comments and social media incidents
- Mobile marketing options (search apps, etc)
- Case study exercise (what content do you need, in what format, based on proposition)
- Social CRM
- What consumers get which content when?
- Developing content rules
- Building a database
- Data capture principles
- Marketing automation & CRM tools
- Email marketing best practice
- Testing and learning
- Case study exercise to develop a content and comms plan for one segment
Is this course right for me?
This course follows on from Part 1. It delves deeper into the marketing planning process and covers the channels that are not covered in Part 1. The morning focuses on understanding consumers, research techniques and data analysis. The afternoon focuses on content marketing, dealing with comments in social media, mobile and email.
The course is designed for anyone who is involved in marketing video games including product managers, marketing comms, developers or community managers, who has attended Digital Marketing 1.
How much will the course cost?
Ukie members £350 plus VAT
Non-ukie members (but part of a games business) £450 plus VAT
Please note that the standard CIM price for this course is £575 plus VAT. As a channel partner of CIM we are able to pass on our negotiated discounts to members.
CIM Continued Professional Development
CPD is also an option for all participants in the programme; register with The CIM.
CPD programme an individual must be at least an Affiliate member. The cost to your organisation of Affiliate membership is £144 per person; for groups with over 10 employees this cost can be reduced.
In order to gain Chartered Marketer status an individual must be a Member of The CIM (MCIM) and have completed 2 consecutive years of 35 hours of CPD per year.
Please click on this link for more information about Chartered Marketer status.
Please note all CIM professional qualifications and training carry CPD hours that can contribute towards Chartered Marketer status.
Discount available for our members!