Shipleys LLP is a firm of accountants and business advisers specialising in the interactive entertainment, film and TV sectors. Our specialist team enjoy working with a myriad of companies including coders, designers, producers and developers.
Helping Interactive Entertainment businesses successfully claim Video Games Tax Relief… plus other accounting and business services
A key area we help them with is managing the Video Games Tax Relief (VGTR) filing process and supporting them with a wide variety of specialist services to support their business operations and finances.
We have an excellent track-record in successfully filing VGTR claims, with all being paid in full for our clients. Our regular contact with the British Film Institute (BFI) and HMRC helps us maintain a detailed understanding of how the rules are being applied in practice and gives us insight into likely future changes.
Our services include:
- Assisting with the VGTR application and advising on allowable spend to include in the claim, in alignment with the Relief’s criteria
- Advising you on the best corporate structures and strategies - to help you maximise the amount received from the Relief, and manage cashflow
- Helping you to ensure your game qualifies as British for the purpose of the BFI’s Cultural Test
- Liaising with the BFI as necessary to ensure sign-off of the application
- Advising you on what expenditure qualifies for the Tax Relief under the regulations
- Conducting assurance work on the underlying expenditure, to ensure the robustness of the claim when it is submitted to HMRC
- Issuing “Opinions” on the likely value of VGTR claims, to help raise external finance – we are one of the few firms approved by the major financial institutions to do this
- Preparing the company’s statutory accounts, and providing audit services where required
- Preparing the company’s Corporation Tax computation, and submitting the VGTR application
- Liaising with HMRC and dealing with any enquiries they might raise
- Putting you in touch with VGTR specialist lawyers
- Helping you with your other normal business processes: Bookkeeping, VAT, Payroll, HR and Company Secretarial
We’re active members of AGN International, the global association of separate and independent accounting and advisory businesses. This means you can always turn to us for practical advice and solutions wherever you are in the world.
Free first meeting with Ukie members.