Multi award-winning Jagex has been at the forefront of online games for 15 years, starting with its flagship adventure title, RuneScape. Today, the studio has over 300 staff, making it the largest independent games developer in the UK. Since the launch and growth of RuneScape, which has secured world records for its popularity with gamers around the world, Jagex has moved to develop other successful online titles.
This position is part of the brand new Jagex Graduate Scheme, and is a truly unique opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company based in Cambridge, and help us achieve our ambitious future goals.
Core Technology programme
The Core Technology programme has three core rotations, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills within Web Systems, Game Engine and Business Intelligence. You’ll gain first-hand experience of how these departments support the games development process, as well as the rest of the organisation.
You’ll be working with our code libraries, scripting languages and game engine technologies, as well as reviewing Big Data solutions that manipulate huge datasets with advanced algorithms. Within the Web Systems team you’ll see how they work in conjunction with our front end development team, UX and our billing and payment experts to offer the ultimate customer experience to online gamers.
- Hands on programming
- Delivering production code
- Maintaining existing game engine technology
- Build gameplay features, game engine logic and backend integration systems
- Design and development of web module software, libraries and test tools
- Build and maintain data pipelines using latest big data technologies
- Support development of data science predictive analytics and models
- Become an effective and functioning team member
- A 2.1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Engineering gained within last 2 years
- Detailed-orientated, curious, analytical mind
- "Can do" attitude
- Able to learn new technologies and approaches quickly
- OO development experience (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
- Script based programming (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash)
- Familiar with front end web technologies
- Awareness of relational and direct lookup databases
- Evidence of previous self-directed software development (e.g. portfolio, GitHub repo)