The Pitch Bootcamp is designed for games developers and studio founders who are looking for investment but need to learn more about the types of investment available to them, improve their presentation skills and become more confident talking to investors and using the language of finance.
Location: Ukie, Black bull Yard, 24-28 Hatton Wall, EC1N 8JH
Date: 9 & 10 January 2019
Start/ Finish times: 09.00am – 17.00 (both days)
Price: £129+VAT per qualifying place.
Please complete an application form via the Games London website: here
Application Deadline: 4th January 2019
The Bootcamp covers everything from understanding financial terms and funding in the context of the games sector, through to presenting the perfect pitch, all taught by leading experts and working professionals in games sector. This unique event is a two-day one-stop shop for unlocking finance and opportunities for your business.
- By completing the Pitch Bootcamp programme, participants may be offered a fast track place to take part in the Games Finance Market in April
- Additionally, there will be some opportunities for participants to qualify for investor pitches at January’s Pocket Gamer in London and the GamesFirst event run by SpaceApe.
- Games Finance 101
- Presentation techniques and pitch training – John Torrens
- Video Games Tax Relief session from the BFI
- 1-2-1 Mentoring on your pitch deck
- Investor panels with audience Q&A
Is this course right for me?
The event is intended for founders/CEOs or business development managers who have a games project or company pitch already in mind to bring to the bootcamp and refine. It is suited for all games projects including PC, console, mobile and mixed reality games, games tech and games-related services. Spaces are available for co-founders if necessary, but due to limited space these are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are subject to an extra delegate fee.
Who will train me?
- John Torrens
- Nick Button Brown (Chair of Committee at Bafta Games)
- Mark Philips (Harbottle and Lewis)
- Anna Mansi (BFI)
- Alex Sliwinski (Bithell Games)
- Andy Payne (Appynation / Gambitious)
- Maria Sayans
- Julien Bek (Accel Ventures)
- Adam Betteridge (Authentic Media)
Plus more to be announced.