ICO Partners is providing an in-depth workshop to video game studios considering launching a Kickstarter campaign.
The course is built as a workshop, with an introduction to crowdfunding principles and best practices for all participants, and the main part of the workshop spent with the participants on their crowdfunding projects, with the opportunity to discuss their unique situations.
Location: Ukie, Black bull Yard, 24-28 Hatton Wall, EC1N 8JH
Date: 13 February 2019
Price: £100 + VAT Per person
Once booked onto the course Ukie will connect you to Thomas Bidaux who runs the course.
- Please contact Leon to register and Ukie will then invoice for payment.
- Your booking is taken as confirmation and no refunds will be issued.
- 4 people required to run the course. In a case were the course does not run you will be issued a refund.
Participation in the workshop will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Evaluate your projects and assess their potential for a crowdfunding campaign
- Understand the key drivers behind successful campaigns
- Determine the right rewards for backers
- Build a strategy for a campaign from before its start to after it has concluded
- Build a sensible plan for expanding a campaign beyond its initial goal through Stretch Goals
- Prioritize the actions that are the most effective to grow a campaign
- Introduction - Crowdfunding principles
- Current trends and best practices
- Setting the goal of your campaign
- Structuring the rewards for your project
- Building your project’s page
- Ramping up to your campaign’s launch
- Managing your live campaign
- After the campaign
Is this course right for me?
The workshop would be of interest to anyone who is considering a crowdfunding campaign for their game. The course is designed for
The nature of crowdfunding however means that studios with games designed to be mainly released on mobile platforms, games that are Free-to-Play, and/or games that are targeting mainly kids, are unlikely to be able to benefit from the workshop.
Who will train me?
Thomas BIDAUX from ICO Partners, a video games consulting agency, will be running the workshop. Thomas has worked on more than 35 video games crowdfunding campaigns, and is publishing regular article on the state of crowdfunding for the games industry.
His latest notable campaign was The Good Life, which raised £560,000 on Kickstarter in March 2019.
Some ICO Partner's clients include: