Northern Exposure is a B2B games conference going back to the roots of the region’s famous GameHorizon Conference by bringing together speakers from the Northern games scene with guests from the wider games industry. This one-day event features talks from business owners, industry leaders, professionals and experts, to share stories of success and challenge. Hear expert tips and nuggets of knowledge to inspire your own business and games.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Jo Twist OBE, CEO at UKIE, will be discussing the challenges the UK games industry faces going forward given the current social and economic climate.
- Cumron Ashtiani, Founder at Atomhawk, returns for his second guest slot to talk through how to manage a creative team and things to consider as a team or individual when starting the design process
- Kish Hirani, CTO at Terra Virtua, will be chairing a panel on the psychological, social and economic benefit of games with a cohort of industry experts
- Darryn Robson, Studio Engineering Manager at Ubisoft Reflections, discusses how his team find talent to fill specialist roles given the skills gap issue
- Kane Forrester, Marketing Manager at Coatsink
- Lucy Kyriakidou, Freelance 2D Artist and Animator
- Bob Makin, Managing Director at SockMonkey Studios
- Bruce Slater, Founder and Creative Director at Radical Forge
There are plenty of opportunities to network throughout the day, followed by a drinks party in the evening (UKIE Hub Crawl).
UKIE members benefit from a 20% discount. Click here or use promo code UKIE to register and recieve discount.