The Bristol Games Hub antisocial in November will host two talks by two leading industry figures; Dr Tomas Rawlings and Coen de Groot.
Game Development Strategy - Or the Art of Getting There
Auroch Digital's Tomas Rawlings will be giving a talk about strategies in game development.
In games, the term 'Strategy' is one of the best genres! In business the term 'Strategy' is much used and often wrongly, but it is the ideas and methods around how you can achieve your goals. In gamedev those goals might be summarised as 'How to get where you want to be' such as; get game out, marketing game, sign publisher but also the business development strategy you follow. This talk looks at what a business strategy is, how to create one and how to make it work for you.
Game development with Python
Coen de Groot will be talking about all the ways that Python can assist in the development of video games. Topics covered will include:
- Python libraries used for developing games, including demonstrations of their core functionality.
- Demonstrations of Python-based games (including a few board game adaptations)
- Python use in the online/video gaming world: Some examples of how Python is used by game developers, e.g. Python-based tools and infrastructure
- Learning Python through games: Online games that teach Python
- Python game jams, with a bunch of brief demos.
This event will be held on the last Thursday of the month (November 28th) at 77 Stokes Croft on the 3rd Floor. The entrance is off Thomas Street, just up from the junction of Thomas St/Stokes Croft. The event starts at 7pm and will be finished by 9pm.