The Mental Health First Aid England half day course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. MHFA England limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
When and Where?
There are two half day sessions happening on the 24th April at the Ukie Offices, in London (18a, Black bull Yard, 24-28 Hatton Wall, EC1N 8JH). You can choose to book onto either of these.
- 23rd April: 9:00am - 1:00pm. (morning session)
- 23rd April: 1:30pm - 5:30pm. (afternoon session)
MHFA England value this course at £125 per person. The Ukie member discounted fee is £75 per person. Non-members £95 per person
Please contact Leon to book your space on eitheir of these sessions.
Mind Fitness Training is a Mental Health First Aid England instructor member.