DCMS, working with UK5G, is running a set of funding events for the 5G Create Project as part of the 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme.
Up to £30m will be available in this open competition, aiming to explore and develop new use-cases and sustainable business models for 5G applications and services.
Participants will be briefed on the scope, eligibility and how to make an application for funding.
5G Create is open to all sectors, including: Creative Industries, Utilities (Energy and water), Health and Social Care and Logistics.
The 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme is the Government’s nationally coordinated programme of investment in 5G. The Programme looks to harness areas where the UK has a competitive advantage – such as in scientific research, engineering talent and our rich variety of technology businesses. The Programme is working to deliver the following objectives:
- Accelerate the deployment of 5G networks and ensure the UK can take early advantage of the applications those networks can enable
- Maximise the productivity and efficiency benefits to the UK from 5G
- Create new opportunities for UK businesses at home and abroad and encourage inward investment
The event is open to organisations and businesses who may be interested in taking part in projects, including:
- Organisations involved in the development, trialling and usage of applications, products, services.
- Network providers
- Mobile Network Operators
- Technology vendors
- Local authorities and other public service delivery bodies
Also, if you are looking for potential collaborators there will be an opportunity for delegates to deliver a two-minute pitch to the room with a max of two slides for each pitch.
There will also be similar webinars: