The Mental Health First Aid England half day online course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
Date: 23rd May
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm.
Breaks are included.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and activities. We limit numbers to 12 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
- MHFA England value this course at £125 per person.
- The Ukie member discounted fee - £75 per person.
- Non-members - £95 per person
This course is delivered by Mind Fitness Training. Our instructors are Mental Health First Aid England trained and approved.
Please note, although this is for individual people to book onto, the course requires at least 8 people to be registered in order to run. If less than 8 book, you will recieve a full refund.
If you cannot make this date, please contact Andy to register interest for another day.