Ukie's Game Changers is a live game music event, streamed on Twitch on Thursday 6th August, showcasing the best of established and emerging UK games music talent. It aims to highlight the incredible work of a diverse range of people across the sector, encouraging more people from a wide range of backgrounds to consider careers in games.
Thursday 6th August >> 7:30pm - 11:00pm
Hosted live from London’s Loading Bar, and sponsored by Harmonix and NCSOFT’s upcoming music game FUSER, the first Game Changers event brings together five fantastic female games composers and musicians providing a mix of live-as-it-happens performances and exclusive video content.
- CHIPZEL - BAFTA-nominated and award-winning independent composer, producer, performer and Gameboy specialist with smash indie titles including Super Hexagon, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Dicey Dungeons to her name. Chipzel will be performing her trademark high-energy chiptune rave, live via Twitch.
- LUCI HOLLAND - A Scottish composer and sound artist, creating music for games, film and concerts. Her work includes Blazing Griffin‘s 2018 release Murderous Pursuits and the extensive Skyrim mod Lordbound. In 2019 she joined Scala Radio, presenting a weekly one-hour games music show. Luci will perform an exclusive Zoom-record collaboration of her work with Edinburgh's Tinderbox youth orchestra.
- NYOKEË - Singer and producer Nyokeë presents an energetic mix of synth-heavy Kawaii Bass and retro game sounds, wrapped in electrifying games-influenced visuals and Harajuku street fashion. Her work highlights the active influence games music and visuals are having on wider musical culture, and she continues to expand her repertoire with an as-yet-unannounced game soundtrack. Nyokeë will be live all-singing, all-dancing, via Twicth.
- NINICHI - A British / Thai composer born and based in the UK, specialising in game music. Her broad repertoire of styles encompasses electronic, jazz and orchestral pieces and features in for a wealth of indie titles, including Arcadium, Mini Hospital and the forthcoming games Powerpool Slam and Cyclocube. Ninichi has contributed several exclusive videos of her work and a rare pre-recorded live performance.
- CIRCUIT BIRD - A freelance video game sound designer and musician based in Hull and London. An emerging artist, specialising in chiptune, rave and Eurodance, Circuit Bird’s work to date has focused on podcast intros, jingles and voice acting, but looks to expand her growing repertoire into game-related projects.
The Game Changers event will also be raising money via live donations for games industry charity GamesAid and Mermaids, a charity supporting trans and gender-diverse children, young people and their families.