The EuroPlay Games Contest: ‘Eurovision of games’ taking place on 28th August. Check out the best, new and unreleased games!
15 studios from 15 countries will battle it out to be crowned the first ever EuroPlay champion! Finalists will be selected by each nation’s association or trade body to represent their nation in the competition.
Register for unrivalled access to the studios taking part – ideal for publishers, investors and press looking to meet the studios or media wanting to find out more about the studio and their game.
Taking place on Friday 28 August during gamescom and hosted by Mr Midas, EuroPlay will show the best unreleased games from across Europe in a live showcase on Twitch in a Eurovision-style contest.
Countries taking part
- United Kingdom , Ukie
- Australia , IGEA - Interactive Games & Entertainment Association
- Belgium , BelgianGames
- Czech Republic , GDACZ - Czech Game Developers Association
- Latvia , Latvian Game Developers Association
- Poland , Indie Games Poland
- Romania , RGDA - Romanian Game Developers Association
- Serbia , SGA - Serbian Games Association
- Switzerland , Pro Helvetia, Swiss Arts Council
- Belarus , BelGameDev
- Ukraine , Ukraine GameDev Nation
- Bulgaria , SYSF Bulgaria
- The Netherlands , Dutch Games Association
- Spain , DEV - Desarrollo Español de Videojuegos
- Italy, IDEA - Italian Interactive Digital Entertainment Association
EuroPlay Games Contest
Developers who make it to EuroPlay will then have the chance to show off their game in the form of a trailer.
The UK entry will be decided through Ukie’s annual UK Game of the Show competition, which will take place prior to the EuroPlay final and follow the same format.
- Host: Mr Midas, Host & Creator of GGR on GRM Daily
- Date: 28th August 2020
- Time: 6:00pm BST
- Location: Ukie Twitch, Ukie YouTube, Ukie Facebook & Ukie Twitter (Ukie will send you the links closer to the event)
- Voting: Voting will be undertaken by the public and industry at the end of the showcase via a Twitter poll. The winning studio/game will then be announced live on Twitch, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Who’s this for?
This event is for everyone, from public to press, investors to publishers. And we need you to vote for your favourite!
For developers in the UK and across Europe this is an amazing opportunity to showcase your work to potential customers, investors and the media.
For publishers and investors looking for innovative and interesting games this is a ready-made solution for you with the scope to meet and interact with the studios already built in.
For sponsors this is an amazing opportunity to raise the profile of your brand and be associated with this highly creditable, fun and feel-good event.
For the media this is a one-stop shop to view some of the best, as yet unreleased games, in the UK and Europe and to have a direct line to the developers behind them.
Meet the Studios
During the showcase, each of the studios taking part will be waiting in a Zoom meeting room. Investors, publishers and the press will be sent a link prior to the event, granting them the opportunity to meet with these studios to talk about their games.
Established in 2012 by UK game industry veteran Stu Taylor, Dead Good has built an award-winning reputation for its no-nonsense approach to video games PR on a local and global level.
Dead Good has since expanded into North America and is also one of the only PR agencies that has a dedicated in-house team focused on pitching and placing organic, earned influencer content, without the need to budget for paid placements that tend to deliver unsatisfactory engagement.
From triple A in-house consultancy and global media launches, to promoting the next indie darling to an influencer streaming audience, Dead Good’s straight-talking approach ditches marketing buzzwords, delivering results that have clients renewing with us year after year.