This is an event for UK based careers advisors and pathway specialists to learn more about providing your students with up to date careers and educational information regarding jobs in the videogames sector
Join Into Games, the UK's non-profit careers service for the games industry as we explore one of the World's fastest-growing sectors.
The session will cover:
- An exploration in some of the 120+ separate roles that make up the games sector
- A look at how a game is actually made from concept to release
- A discussion around ancillary sectors to games like eSports and streaming channels
- A showcase of entry-level roles in the games sector
- Links to free resources and activities that you can use in schools and youth organisations to better engage students or highlight pathways
- An overview of the Videogames Ambassador program - a free network that can connect games industry staff to careers talks or other career-building opportunities in your school or youth group
- Review of a range of UK initiatives to help direct your students too to build their skills and networking ability
“The world of work is changing fast and now more than ever it is vital that young people and those advising them are able to access information about roles within exciting growth industries like videogames.” Aimee Higgins, Director of Employers & Partnerships, Careers and Enterprise Company
By the end of this session, you will feel more comfortable discussing the games sector with students and have a full toolkit to showcase the breadth of careers open to them if they choose a rewarding job in games.
This online event is supported by UKIE and run by Into Games