Hiro is pleased to announce our third event ‘The Dark Star: Episode III Summer @ Slush’, which will take place on September 23rd at 2pm BST/3pm CEST/9am EDT.
The Dark Star: Episode III
Join Games investors Hiro Capital, independent Games experts and some of Hiro’s portfolio studios to explore the industry’s transition to live service games:
- Hear from industry leaders on how to position your live service game for funding and what investors are looking for from your games
- Hear from 3 successful founders, who have all built live service game studios from the ground up on their journey raising money
- Hear from FRVR founder Chris Benjaminsen on his journey raising money to build Worlds FRVR: an instant web based open world sandbox game
Speakers will include:
- Ian Livingstone CBE - Founder of Games Workshop, Eidos Studios and prolific Games angel investor in Tonic Games (Fall Guys), Playdemic (Golfclash)
- Luke Alvarez - Founder of Inspired Games and The Cloud
- Cherry Freeman - Founder of Lovecrafts
- Pete Walentin - Founder of Keen Games
- Alexander Ekvall - Founder of Snowprint Studios
- Forest Swartout Large - Founder of Twin Suns
- Chris Benjaminsen - Founder of FRVR
The Dark Star - Inspired by The Black Sun in Neal Stephenson’s Snowcrash, by Ian Livingstone & Steve Jackson’s legendary White Dwarf magazine and by John Carpenter’s eponymous 1974 cult sci fi movie Dark Star.
Sign up at hiro.capital/darkstar to attend our digital event on September 23rd which will include panel discussions and a Q&A with industry leaders
Hiro Capital’s game studio focused Dark Star events have been attended by over 300 UK, European and US Game studios and resulted in $2m of funding for award-winning Belgian game studio Happy Volcano.
The Dark Star: a galactic force for great games