For our first Game On event of 2021 we’re hosting an online panel to discuss the pathways and pipelines into the games industry, and why it’s important we take action now to ensure a more diverse and inclusive industry in the future.
Our expert panel will discuss the challenges underrepresented groups face when looking to forge a career in games before discussing what steps can be taken to minimise the impact of these potential barriers.
We’ll also explore how studios can change the way we think about routes into the video games industry, including the use of internships. We'll also touch on how we can support and develop junior talent in the industry before taking questions from the audience.
Please note that all our events strive to provide a safe space for discussions and harassment or discrimination, of any kind, will not be tolerated.
Attendees will be provided with:
- A greater understanding of the challenges and barriers facing those from a range of underrepresented groups looking to forge a career in games
- Actionable steps that organisations can take to lower the barriers of entry into the industry and diversify our pathways for entry (including the use of internships and mentorships)
- Discussion of what changes the industry can make and why this is integral to the future success of the industry
- Brandon Cole (Partnerships Lead at Into Games)
- Luke Gibson (of Tonic Games Group, and now Tonic U)
- Erin Harrison (Level Designer at Cardboard Sword)
Our events are always free to attend and open to anyone in the games industry. We encourage you to share the event link with those who might be interested in the attending.
In order to ensure the safety of our speaker and attendees this online event will require a password to access. This will be sent to registered attendees only.
About Game On
The Game On series of events are part of Payload Studios' inclusion and diversity initiative and have been running since April 2019.
Our series of regular events focus on topics related to inclusion, equity and diversity. We aim to catalyse positive and long lasting change in the industry by promoting knowledge sharing and amplifying the voices of diverse leaders and inclusion focused organisations. You can find more details about our events here.
If you have any questions, would like to speak at a future event or discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact us at email@example.com. We're always happy to chat!