This is part of the Ukie Hub Crawl 2021, a series of 12 different and unique events that cover the entire life cycle of a games business; from incorporation, growing a team, middleware, running the studio, pitching to funders, getting PR exposure – right through to eventually exiting a business.
Taking place every Wednesday 4pm – 6pm, each event will start with an hour of short and informative talks followed by a panel of experts before using the networking platform Gather.Town for conversation and networking. Each talk will be a maximum of 15 minutes.
Week 3 focuses on talent and recruitment and the different ways a business can find staff.
- Imelda Vyshka, Daniel Pennington, Barclays - Intro
- Ian Goodall, Managing Director, Aardvark Swift Recruitment & GradsinGames - Modern Recruitment Strategy
- Catrin Jones, Operations Manager, Skillsearch - Funky cats and their feisty stats: How to retain staff
- Cerys Aicken, Nathan Sheppard & Ross Lorey, Recruiters, EA - Why Internships Work
- Andrew Smith, Managing Director, Spilt Milk Studios
- Nisha Minhas, Head of HR and Operations - Roll7
- Networking will take place on Gather.Town in the virtual Ukie office here. Please use your name and company when joining (i.e Leon Cliff - Ukie)
At Barclays, we’re playing our part to help the UK Games Industry grow and develop. We see the positive impact that games can have in bringing communities together, inspiring creativity and, building an environment to learn.
That’s why we…
Offer innovative products designed for developers including our tax credit loan
Support businesses to connect, innovate and grow with our Eagle Labs network
Partner with games and esports industry leaders
Help games developers at all levels from grassroots up