It’s been one week since we took down the Ukie stand at Gamescom 2019. It was a fantastically successful week and we are so pleased that the industry responded so positively to the stand (and the hard working team).
But we realise that you may not have known this year’s stand was a record breaker for us. It was quite literally the biggest and best Ukie pavilion we’ve done, which means we wanted to celebrate it just a little bit.
So here’s Ukie’s eigthth Gamescom stand in the most fantastic form of all: numbers. Let’s take it away.
- It was our biggest stand ever. We took up 1000 square metres, an 800% increase in size since 2012.
- 95 exhibitors brought 440 staff to represent 120 companies based out of the UK - the most ever.
- Seven thousand compostable coffee cups were used to drink 36kg of coffee and over 1000 cups of tea, with 72 litres of milk splashed into the cuppas to take the edge off.
- Speaking of hydration, over 5000 recyclable water cups were used to drink 988 litres of water.
- And networking proved to be even thirstier work at Ukie’s drinks receptions, sponsored by Coutts and Jagex, with 2300 beers sipped, chugged or downed by the global industry.
- The industry also proved it had a ravenous appetite, smashing through 1000 bags of popcorn, 1000 candyfloss clouds, 27kg of sweets and a further 1000 ice creams.
- But the stand was as much about meetings as it was about eating. 63 meeting tables, 20 private meeting rooms and 15 demo stations saw plenty of traffic from Tuesday to Thursday.
- This meant plenty of work for the Ukie team, which included 10 members of staff and five absolutely fantastic Ukie students (who you should totally follow on Twitter here).
- And this was all a great opportunity to celebrate one trade body and one industry’s 30 Years of Play.
Thank you to all our sponsors Amiqus, Bastion, Coutts, Jagex, PlayStack, Purewal and Partners, OPM, Wicked Sick, TakeOff UK, Global Step, GG Insurance, Fallen Planet and Revolution who helped make the Ukie stand such a success and to all our fantastic exhibitors.
If you'd like to secure your place on our Gamescom stand for 2020, please email Sam Collins at email@example.com for more information.