Ukie’s Student Membership has been designed to bring academia and industry together to secure the future of the games sector. We aim to give our student members the support and connections they need to start the career of their dreams through providing unique benefits, opportunities, discounts and resources, exclusive to Ukie Students. We're also delighted to be partnered with the IGDA. Read on to find out more.
Ukie Student Conference
Three times a year we gather great speakers from all walks of the industry to speak about their experience and expertise to our Student Membership. During these FREE one day conferences you will get the chance to -
- Attend seminars and talks on a huge variety of subjects
- Take part in industry lead workshops
- Get 1-2-1 feedback on your CV or Portfolio from leading recruiters
- Speak to UK studios looking to recruit interns/graduates
- Network with the industry itself during our sponsored bar
Check out the events section of the Ukie website to find out when the next student conference is.
Student Membership benefits include
- Participation in the annual Ukie Student Game Jam and Ukie Student Conferences
- Access to the Ukie Sponsorship Scheme which pays for a select number of students to attend Gamescom
- A 1-year student membership in the International Game Developers Association (IGDA), with all associated benefits - including eligibility for the IGDA Scholars programme.
- Exclusive access to the dedicated student section of Ukie website, including; industry news, research, interviews, career advice, and guides to the industry
- Exclusive webinars and seminar events throughout the year with industry experts, covering a wide range of topics
- Access to games industry data and resources
- Exclusive paid internship and placement opportunities
- Receive discounts off industry events such as Launch, Rezzed and EGX
- Exclusive member discounts from third parties e.g. magazine discounts, software, services
- A 50% first year Full Ukie company subscription rate reduction for any student member who goes on to establish a development studio and then joins Ukie as a corporate member
- The academic institute signing up their students will automatically become a Ukie academic member for free
Student Membership is for 12 months and is exclusively available via your academic institution. See the document below for more detailed information
(Above: Winning team from the Ukie Student Game Jam. Below: The Ukie team at Gamescom.)
Student members must fulfill the following
- Ukie Student Membership is available exclusively via an academic institution. The institution is required to register, and pay, for all students on each course that they wish to enrol.
- Students must be a resident in the UK.
- Students must be studying at further education/degree level or higher.
- Students must be on a games industry related course.
How much is student membership?
To make it easier for universities and colleges to sign up, we have developed a tiered pricing structure.
See a full breakdown fees below:
|Number of students||Annual Fee|
|600+||£9,000 + VAT|
|500 - 599||£7,500 + VAT|
|400 - 499||£6,750 + VAT|
|300 - 399||£4,000 + VAT|
|200 - 299||£3,500 + VAT|
|100 - 199||£2,200 + VAT|
|50 - 99||£1,125 + VAT|
|25 - 49||£550 + VAT|
|10 - 24||£250 + VAT|
|0 - 9||£150 + VAT|
We are delighted to have the IGDA as the official partners of Ukie Student Membership.