Voting for the Ukie Board has now closes, the results will be announced at our AGM.
The main contact for your company (as a member) receives an email with log in details for the UK Engage website where votes will be cast.
Ukie Board elections happen every year in the run up to our AGM in September. All fully paid up Ukie Full and fee-paying Partner members will be asked to elect a number of non-executive board directors according to the Ukie constitution. Please see the rules below on who can run and who can vote, but we like to encourage as many people to throw their hat in the ring as possible to make it as diverse as we can.
It is a chance to steer the strategic direction of Ukie, to do the best job possible for the games sector, and to meet and get to know some great fellow Board members. It is a fantastic way to develop your skills and it is fun. The Board meets every six weeks and people are free to Skype in if they cannot make it.
We would like to thank, on behalf of the whole membership, the current Board and express our sincere gratitude for their support and service.
The Ukie board of directors currently numbers 22 people and is made up of a mixture of Appointed and Elected board members. Appointed board membership status is offered to all companies whose annual membership fee is £50,000 or above and is applied to the company and not an individual. Elected board members serve for a two-year period although they may choose to re-stand for election at the end of their term. At all times a mimimum of 51% of the board is elected.
The role and responsibilities of the Board
The Board is responsible for being the guardian of members’ interests.
The main duties and tasks for the board are:
Appointing the Ukie CEO
Approving the annual report and accounts
Electing the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Honorary Treasurer
Recommending to the AGM an appropriate auditor to be appointed
Determining the criteria for membership
Maintaining control over internal systems and delegated authorities
Approving the annual operating plans and budget including subscription levels
Being responsible for the financial position of the association
Establishing of the market position of the association and possible restructuring arising from any review of the same
Being responsible for the governance arrangements of the association
Agreeing the strategy of the association
Setting the policy priorities of the association
Being responsible for the framework for managing risks
- Only fully paid up Ukie Full Members can be elected to the Ukie Board
- Nomination for the Ukie board opens on 7 August 2017 and closes at 5pm on 26 August 2017. Nomination can only be made by completing the official nomination form below
- All paid-up Full and fee-paying Partners can vote for election to the Board (one company, one vote)
- There is only one vote per member company. Only one candidate per member company can stand for election
- There are 6 spaces to be filled this year. We strongly encourage you to exercise your voting power to vote for the 6 people you want to see fill those spaces
- Members cannot vote for individuals in their own company or Affiliate (studios owned by a member Publisher) company
- Nominees with the most votes are duly elected to the board until the board reaches its stated capacity and results are announced at the AGM