Role Title: Community and Communications Executive
Pay: £26-28k depending on experience.
Plus pension scheme and bonus scheme
Reports to: tbc
Location: 21-27 Lamb’s Conduit Street, London
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.30pm (Expectation that some evening and weekend work may be required to attend events as the business requires)
Closing Date for applications: 5.00pm Friday 24 November
Ukie’s expanding membership, growing network, and big ambitions as an open, representative organisation for the 21st Century games and interactive entertainment sector calls for a unique person who is passionate about games and the changing shape of the interactive industry.
This individual will have experience in creating and delivering successful media campaigns and will also know how to build influential relationships and communicate to a range of stakeholders and influencers across creative and tech sectors, the Ukie membership, mainstream media and trade press.
The successful applicant will also take on responsibility for specific projects as and when required including curating the Video Games Ambassadors network of industry speakers and the Ask About Games website and stakeholders.
The applicant should enjoy translating complex topics including policy issues in plain English and be proactive with fresh ideas.
We need someone to be actively curating our community of stakeholders, building relationships, listening to member needs and communicating regularly with the community face to face and across all social and media channels.
Stamina and strong written and communication skills are key attributes, but the ability to form key relationships and show entrepreneurial flair is essential.
We are a flexible and inclusive employer. If you are excited by the role, but don’t feel you meet 100% of the requirements or qualifications we encourage you to apply anyway. We are also a small, agile not-for-profit company of 15 people, so an inclusive team attitude is required. We encourage you to have a look at the Ukie website to see the team.
- Develop external relationships and topical campaigns with mainstream press, key political and industry stakeholders, key influencers, the wider games sector network and the membership
- To manage key PR agency projects and relationships where required
- Lead on cross-channel communications and social media as well as develop Ukie’s voice for members and the wider sector across all our programmes, including face-to-face outreach
- Lead on communications planning across the Ukie teams
- Curate the VGA speaker network and work on specific events where the speakers are required
- Deliver day to day Ukie communications and public relations activity – shaping key messages, editorial pieces, creating fast turn-around media briefings for the CEO, building strong relationships with the media and generating key media coverage for all Ukie activities
- Responsibility for the production of key Ukie communications eg newsletters and regular digital content creation
- Proactively build the brand of the Ukie via events and meet ups
- Work within Budgetary constraints to ensure that services provided are within agreed financial limits and that value for money is delivered
- Identify strategic and financial partnerships where appropriate to give most return on investment for Ukie and its members
- Build long term relationships with key mainstream press to improve the sector’s media campaigns
- Communicate regularly with members, potential members, stakeholders, influencers and Ukie team members to ensure community needs are fed back to the team, actioned, and the results or new services are communicated effectively back to the community
Qualifications and experience required for this role
- At least two years’ experience in a communications, community or PR role
- A passion for emerging trends and interactive entertainment: desire to learn about new sectors and business models
- A proactive, can-do, positive and entrepreneurial approach to work. Confidence to take the initiative and generate fresh new ideas that would benefit the UK’s games sector as a whole and to help Ukie deliver better engagement
- Have practical knowledge of the debates surrounding the interactive entertainment industry
- Educated to degree level
- A keenness to understand emerging business opportunities for Ukie to deliver more return on investment for members
- Demonstrably strong written and verbal communication skills
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant and you will be contacted only if you have been shortlisted for this role.