The Mobile Games Growth programme is a dedicated and prestigious programme for a cohort of 10-15 CEOs and leaders of promising UK mobile games developers, with entrepreneurial outlooks, looking to improve their business skills and knowledge.
Participating businesses will:
• Learn the vital skills required to scale their businesses
• Get expert advice on: Setting the foundations of growth: mission, vision and strategy; business models, in-game economies and platforms; funding and finance; game launches and user acquisition
• Learn directly from and build their network with proven industry leaders
The Mobile Games Growth programme is specifically looking to support founders/ CEOs/ leaders of promising, UK mobile games developers looking to improve their business skills and knowledge
We are looking for businesses throughout the UK. Applicants will need to show an entrepreneurial outlook and will be asked to show how their businesses have the ambition and potential for growth.
Some of the areas that we will consider in applications are:
• is your business incorporated;
• have you already assembled a team;
• have you already released a game or have a game in production;
• has your business generated revenue or raised funding;
Dr Jo Twist OBE, CEO of Ukie
There is no cost to businesses participating in the programme.
Participants will take part in:
• 12 x 3 hour workshops - Each workshop will focus on a particular key topic. They will also include a keynote from an industry leader who will talk about their experiences of scaling a business, based around the theme for the workshop.
• 1 x Inductions and 1x wrap up sessions and some additional networking opportunities
• 2 hours of one to one coaching / mentoring dedicated to their businesses
The core areas that will be covered are:
• Setting the foundations of growth: Mission, vision and strategy
• Business models and platforms – deeper dives and insights into the main business models and how to get the best out of them
• Funding and finance – what the best type of funding is for you business and where to look for it
• User Acquisition – data, ASO and effective game launches
We want to make sure that the topics covered are as relevant as possible to our cohort so the areas of focus may evolve depending on requirements.
We would expect you to commit to attending 40 hours of workshops over six months.
You will also have to build in time for occasional homework to shape your thinking between the workshops.
We will be recruiting games businesses to the cohort from September to October. The programme itself will start in October, with workshops held each month (on a Tuesday morning) and will run until April.
The initial Induction and masterclasses will be held on the afternoon of Tuesday 15th November and all applicants should please make sure that they are available to attend this day.
The three hour workshops will be held online on three Tuesday mornings each month. We will also host networking opportunities and where possible these will be at existing industry events to give more value to travel time.
David Gowans, Head of Creative Industries, Games & Esports at Barclays