What is it?
The Creative Enterprise: Games Scale Up is a prestigious new programme, developed by Creative England in partnership with Ukie, to support games developers, publishers or support services. This is a vital programme that has been devised with industry leaders for games businesses who are looking to develop and grow their business.
Who is it for?
Creative England and Ukie are looking to recruit a cohort of 10-15 games businesses who have the potential and ambition to scale their business. Applicants must demonstrate that their work in some way promotes the art, creativity and storytelling power of game making.
What is involved?
The programme starts in September and will run for six months, and includes masterclasses, workshops and networking opportunities with leading industry partners and investors.
Businesses chosen to join the cohort will:
- Learn the vital skills required to create and complete a comprehensive plan to scale their businesses
- Get expert advice on business strategy and planning, funding and finance, taking their businesses to market, decision making and how to structure teams and hire the right talent.
- Learn directly from and build their network with proven industry leaders
The Games Scale Up programme is specifically looking to support developers, publishers or support services who have had some recent, proven success, who have the potential and ambition to scale their business and who can demonstrate that their work in some way promotes the art, creativity and storytelling power of game making.
Your business must be based in the UK, with priority being given to those based in the English regions outside of London.
Some of the areas that we will consider are:
- You must have successfully made a game, taken one to market or launched a support service in the last two years.
- Must have employed a minimum of 3 people (part time or full time) at some point in the last two years.
- Your business must have generated revenue in the last year.
How to apply
The application deadline is 12pm, 28th August. You can find out all about the programme, including information on how to apply, here: https://www.creativeengland.co.uk/games-scale-up/
If you have any questions about this programme please reach out to Dan.